How do I join?
Becoming a Member
To gain full membership, you will need to visit your local library to provide proof of identity and address.
You can join the library online by clicking on the button below, after you have read and accepted the membership conditions.
Your membership card will be made available for collection at your local library branch, on presentation of required identification.
Conditions of Membership
Some of the following conditions will only become applicable after the library service reopens to usual operation after the current cliosure period.
- To borrow items, you must present your library membership card.
- All items may be borrowed for three weeks.
- You may borrow up to twenty items on your card including ten DVDs. These can be borrowed from and returned to any branch of Richmond Tweed Regional Library.
- Items may be renewed twice at any branch or online. Staff are also happy to renew items over the telephone during opening hours, please have your library card number ready when calling. If a reservation has been placed on an item you have out on loan, a renewal is not possible.
- Items may be returned at any branch of the library. After hour chutes are also available at all branches.
- Overdue fines are charged for the late return of items. View our guide to library fees and charges HERE. Membership may be suspended if you have overdue items and outstanding charges.
- Overdue notices are given as a courtesy reminder.
- A reservation and/or inter-library loan service is available for those items which are on loan, available at another branch or at another library service. A small fee is charged for this service. You can place your own reservations for most items via the public access catalogue at our branches or through the online catalogue.
- Lost or damaged items will result in a cost to the library member.
- If you change your address or name please notify us immediately.
- Please report lost or stolen cards to the library immediately. You will be held responsible for any items borrowed before the loss is reported.
Renew your items
Learn how to renew your items here more
Requesting items from another library service
If we don't carry an item you're looking for, you may be able to borrow it from another library service in Australia. This is called an interlibrary loan, and can be made online or in person at the library. more